Potty training a child is so hard, but having a great tool to help is essential! I’ve created a handy, printable potty training chart to help and I promise you’ll love it!
When your child is in the beginning stages of potty training sometimes it can help to have a tool. A visual reminder that they can refer to, which is why I’ve created a colorful chart that you can easily print out and hang right in your bathroom!
Want to remember this post? Pin this post, Printable Potty Training Chart, to your favorite Pinterest board now!
The great part about this chart is that it the simple design works wonderful for either a boy or a girl and you can pick the reward that that they earn.
My Potty Chart Training System
My Potty Chart training system is simple, follow the below steps and you will be on your way to having a full potty trained child soon!Sign up for a FREE Printable Potty Training Chart – https://landing.mailerlite.com/webforms/landing/t4i5n8 Click To Tweet
- STEP ONE: Sign up below to get my free printable My Potty Chart emailed to you.
- STEP 2: Print out My Potty Chart and hang it in your bathroom.
- STEP 3: Decide on a daily reward for your child that they can earn if they stay Day & Clean all day long. I believe children need to earn a reward daily to stay motivated, rather than working towards a reward at the end of the week, but only if they stay Dry & Clean all day long.
- STEP 4: Use a marker to check off each time they go potty.
- STEP 5: At the end of the day, give the child their reward if they have stayed Dry & Clean all day.
Potty Training Reward Ideas
A few sample suggestions of great daily rewards could be: a piece of candy, a Hot Wheels car, a mini doll, a few stickers, a special dessert like ice cream, a new set of stickers, or a new pencil or set of markers, a bouncy ball, or playing a fun new game on their digital device, etc. The key is to find something small, inexpensive, and that speaks to their heart. Something your child they will be excited to earn and will work for all day long.
Potty training rewards should be simple, small, inexpensive, and speak to your child's heart. Click To Tweet
Speaking of digital devices and screen time, read this post on my blog about finding balance with screen time – Too Much Screen Time? It’s All About Balance.
Potty training is not for wimps! That’s for sure! It can have it’s ups and downs and can be very frustrating – not only for the parents but also for the child. In order to have a smooth potty training system, try these top 7 tips.
Top 8 Potty Training Tips:
- Don’t start too early. Make sure your child is ready to start potty training.
- Listen to your intuition – you know your child best. Don’t listen to everyone else on when they think you should start potty training.
- Take away all the pressure. Make it fun!
- Be encouraging, no matter what! Your child will mess up, and so will you – but you can always try again!
- Bite your tongue – and DO NOT get mad. It’s a learning process, there will be mistakes.
- Find a reward that motivates your child.
- Reward your child daily when they stay Dry & Clean all day!
- Use my Printable Potty Training Chart to stay on track all day long.
Try those tips and you will be well on your way to potty training your child!Potty Training Tip: Don't start too early. Make sure your child is ready to start potty training. Click To Tweet
Potty training can be challenging, but I also know you can do it! Stick with it, download My Potty Chart, stay positive, and you will be on your way to being done with diapers for good!
Let’s Stay In Touch!
I’d love to stay in touch with you! The best way for me to keep up with you is by having you join my weekly newsletter! Subscribing via email is the best way to stay connected to all the fun stuff happening here at Frugal Fun Mom, and I invite you to join many other frugal moms like you who receive our regular updates! My newsletter offers a weekly savings tips, fun ideas and encouragement for everyday mom life! Many of my readers tell me this weekly newsletter is one of their favorite things to read each week! When you subscribe, you also get instant access to one my favorite FREE goodies – 50 Frugal Free Fun Ideas For Kids – as my gift to you! Sign up below!