Of all my homemade pantry staples, homemade all-purpose cleaner is my favorite! A frugal way to clean your home?! Yes, please! Sign me up! I’m going to share with you my favorite homemade cleaner that is a bargain to make and cleans my house from top to bottom at a fraction of the cost of store bought cleaners! Plus, there are no harsh chemicals, so it’s safe for your family!
The best part about my homemade all-purpose cleaner is that it smells GREAT – it smells clean! I guess that all depends on what your definition of what clean smells like – huh?! For me, clean smells like vinegar with a little touch of lavender, which is great because that’s exactly what you will find in my cleaner! Don’t worry, if you don’t like the smell of vinegar or lavender that much, I have a few ways you can customize your cleaner to suit the fragrance you prefer.Homemade All-Purpose Cleaner smells great – it smells like "clean!" – Frugal Fun Mom Click To Tweet
I know what you are thinking…Katrina, how can you possibly have a recipe for homemade all-purpose cleaner that is cheap, simple, easy, free of harsh chemicals, and will actually clean my house?
The simple answer, I just do! It’s my privilege to share it with you all too!
Katrina’s Homemade All-Purpose Cleaner Recipe:
- 1 28oz Spray Bottle – 3 Cups Water
- 2/3 Cup White Vinegar
- 2 Drops Dish Soap (I like Palmolive or Dawn, or 100% Pure Castile Soap)
- 4 Drops Lavender Essential Oil (Optional)
Mix well. Using a funnel, pour into your spray bottle and label with a sharpie marker or a label maker. I don’t always add lavender, but you can if you want to make it smell even better.
Katrina’s Homemade All-Purpose Cleaner smells great and works so much better on glass and mirrors than anything else you can buy! I’ve always had trouble with streaks on my mirrors in my bathrooms until I started making my own cleaner.
How To Use:
There are many things around your house you can clean with my all-purpose cleaner. Below are just a few of them:
- Kitchen Counters
- Bathroom Sinks, Counters, Toilets
- Carpet Stains (make sure to test first in a small area first so you don’t have any discoloring)
- Tile Floors
Homemade All-Purpose Cleaner Substitutions:
- Add a few drops of your favorite essential oils to not only change the smell of your cleaner but to intensify the cleaning power. Tea Tree oil is a great one to add extra antibacterial fighting power, as well as Lemon oil.
- You can add a 1/4 cup of Mint Mouthwash to add extra sanitizing benefits to your cleaner and it will give your cleaner a fresh minty smell. I personally have one bottle of my cleaner mixed with mouthwash and I love how it smells! Side note: If you choose to add mouthwash, it will streak your glass and mirrors. I suggest making a separate bottle and making sure to label it so you won’t get confused. The mouthwash will change the color and give it a blueish tint, which is also another to differentiate between them if you use a clear bottle.
Frugal Tips To Save Money Making Your Own Cleaner:
- Make sure to buy your ingredients when they are on sale. I love to stock up on vinegar whenever my local grocery store is having a sale.
- Use coupons and stack with any Ibotta rebates you can find to maximize savings. New to Ibotta? Read this post to learn Why You Should Use Ibotta To Save Money and how it can earn you cash at the grocery store.
- Buy in bulk and start building your stockpile when you find homemade all-purpose cleaner ingredients at their rock bottom price. Wondering how to build a stockpile? Read this post – 5 Simple Steps to Build a Stockpile to learn how!
Other Make Your Own Pantry & Cleaning Staples Recipes:
- Katrina’s Homemade Granola
- Katrina’s Homemade Refried Beans
- Homemade Taco Seasoning
- Homemade Honey Lime Salad Dressing
I hope you enjoy all these wonderful pantry staple recipes! I encourage you to give each of them a try, and let me know what you think! As always, I’d love to know any great deals you find on the ingredients. Finally, tell me how you took this homemade all-purpose cleaner recipe and tweaked the ingredients with what you had on hand, and made a whole new cleaner! You can do it momma!