Are you wondering how to stay motivated with your side gig? Feeling ready to give up on your dream to make extra money? Are you worn out and exhausted? Wondering why in the world you keep trying?
Does it feel like the millionth time that you have hosted a home meeting, brewed the coffee, baked the cookies, spent hours practicing your presentation, prepared handouts, creatively displayed your products, sent out tons of invites, received a long list of RSVP’s, only to have your phone ring over and over with cancellations 10 minutes before the meeting, and then no one shows up at all?
Why Doesn’t My Business Grow?
Or here, let me set a different scene – have you spent hours and hours waking up super early each morning to work on your blog? Day after day – you are writing your heart out and that is usually between a child or two that decides to get up at the crack of dawn with you?
You write, photograph, design beautiful “pin-worthy” images for every blog post. Create catchy slogans, read every book by the famous bloggers who have made it, go to blog conventions, rub shoulders with celebrity bloggers, all to have your latest blog giveaway of a FREE product, only have 3 people comment and enter the content (and it’s a FREE product people…free…and you still can’t even get people to enter)?
WANT EASY PARTY PLANNING?
You May Be One Day Away From Your Biggest Success:
Moms, I understand. I have been there – in both scenarios. I’ve been worn out and tired and ready to throw in the towel, but I’ve also seen the small rays to success and I want to share encouragement for all of you who are exhausted and ready to quit! My hope is that you feel a sense of empowerment to stay motivated to with your side gig. You never know if you are just one day away from your biggest success!You never know if you are just one day away from your biggest side gig success! Keep at it! – Frugal Fun Mom Click To Tweet
Both of the above scenarios seem to happen in addition to everything else that we as moms have to do in a normal day. On top of the regular daily jobs a mom juggles like, cooking, cleaning, taking care of the kids, soccer practice, grocery shopping, school carpool, etc. – somehow we are also trying to carve out time to be an entrepreneur.
WANT EASY PARTY PLANNING?
The term Mompreneuer has been coined and it fits well here – we are moms with lofty dreams of one day being one of the celebrity bloggers we read devotedly each day, or one of the top level earners who just got a new car! Sign me up! Even when the days are hard and I want to quit, I always come back to my mompreneur dreams!
If you don’t have a side gig yet, but want one, I encourage you to read this post all about ways moms can earn money from home – 10 Easy Ways To Make Extra Money From Home.
I’ve been there. I’m there now. I’ve been on the upside and have been at the very bottom desperately trying to make money with a side gig. It’s all hard. There are pluses and minuses to both sides. But I think the biggest thing to remember in all of it is your attitude and how you look at your present circumstances. Below are my top 5 tips on how I stay motivated to keep working towards my dreams.
5 Tips To Stay Motivated With Your Side Gig:
- Remember that being broke is a state of mind. If you are an entrepreneur and already have a side gig, then you are leaps and bounds ahead of most people – broke people.
- Consistency is key – keep at it. Don’t give up, even when things get hard. Hold on to the reason that you started your side gig to begin with.
- Identify your “Why“. Write it on a sticky note and stick it in different places in your house to remind you of why you chose the struggle to have a side gig. If you don’t have a “why” then stop everything and identify it right now. Focus on it, and let it help you keep going when things get rough.
- Surround yourself with people who encourage you to reach your goals. If your friends don’t get super excited when you are winning, than they are not your real friends.
- Your success is up to you. Your business growth is up to you – not the people on your team. If you want your blog to be amazing then you have to put in the work. In order to take your business to the next level, you need to hustle and make it happen.
And finally, moms, give yourself some grace. If you don’t get it all done in one day, that’s ok. Like they say, Rome wasn’t built in a day. Give yourself grace, go to bed, and get up and try again. Just don’t ever stop trying!Moms, give yourself some grace. If you don't get it all done in one day, that's ok! – Frugal Fun Mom Click To Tweet
We can do this together – plus I’m praying for you and would love for you to pray for me too! Jump on my prayer page and let me know how I can be praying for you and your side gig! If you want to pray for me, please pray that God would direct my side gigs to be whatever He wants them to be and that I would humbly follow His direction. Hang in there and let’s make some money with our side gigs!
WANT EASY PARTY PLANNING?