A great homemade pantry staple to always keep stocked in your kitchen is salad dressing. My go-to favorite is Honey Lime Salad Dressing, and I’m going to share just how easy it is to make!
There are so many ways you can make your own salad dressing, using fresh ingredients, so that you may never need to buy salad dressing again! I do have a few bottled salad dressing favorites that I love from the store, but for the most part, fresh salad dressing, made at home is really the best tasting!
Homemade salad dressing is not only yummy, but it’s also very frugal! You can save a lot of money by mixing up your own ingredients, rather than buying a bottle from the store.
I know what you are thinking…
Katrina, what about when there is a sale at the store, and I have a coupon, and I can use an ibotta rebate. So I’m practically getting salad dressing for free?
Ok, in that instance, you should buy the salad dressing from the store. For sure. Stock up too! Fantastic free deals like that are not always the case. In those times that you don’t have a coupon and are out of salad dressing, try this homemade recipe for Honey Lime Salad Dressing!
The best part about making your own salad dressing is that you get to control the ingredients. Meaning, you can make it as healthy as you want with no extra chemicals or yucky ingredients you don’t want your family to be eating. Just a small tweak here and there, and you can really change the taste quite a bit. I promise, I’ll show you how by giving you list of substitutions as well – easy right?!
Honey Lime Salad Dressing:
- 1/4 Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- Juice of 2 Limes – about 1/4 cup
- 1 tsp grated lime peel
- Salt – a pinch to taste
- Pepper – a pinch to taste
- 2-3 Tbs Honey
Pour all the ingredients into a glass jar with a tight fitting lid. Shake and mix for 30 seconds. Pour on your salad and enjoy. Store in the refrigerator for up 2 weeks. The nice thing about using a jar is that you can shake up the ingredients really well before using it and you don’t have to worry about a mess! Jars are cheap, cute, and work great1 If you don’t want to use a jar, you can pick up a salad dressing dispenser on Amazon or at Target and Walmart.
Honey Lime Salad Dressing Substitutions:
- You can use lemons instead of limes for a lemony flavor. If you decide to use lemon, you might consider adding a pinch of garlic salt.
- Swap the balsamic vinegar for apple cider or white vinegar. I love the flavor of balsamic, but other vinegar works too!
- If you don’t have any honey, you can use white sugar, cane sugar, brown sugar or even coconut sugar. You can even use Splenda or an artificial sweetener. Sugars are sweeter than honey, so use a little less.
Frugal Tips To Save Money On Honey Lime Salad Dressing:
- Make sure to buy your ingredients when they are on sale.
- Use coupons and stack with any Ibotta rebates you can find to maximize savings. New to Ibotta? Read this post to learn Why You Should Use Ibotta To Save Money and how it can earn you cash at the grocery store.
- Buy in bulk and start building your stockpile when you find ingredients at their rock bottom price.
- Wondering how to build a stockpile? Read this post – 5 Simple Steps to Build a Stockpile to learn how!
Other Make Your Own Pantry & Cleaning Staples Recipes:
- Katrina’s Homemade Granola
- Katrina’s Homemade Refried Beans
- Homemade Taco Seasoning
- Homemade All-Purpose Cleaner