Are you looking for 5 quick and easy Christmas cookie recipes? Me too! Let me take a guess, you are totally exhausted from Christmas stuff already, huh? I know I’m feeling the stress of the holidays too, and although I love baking Christmas cookies, it can be overwhelming.
I’m here to help take away some of the tension by providing 5 quick and easy Christmas cookie recipes that will hopefully be simple and fun, for you and your kids to make together!
Wait, Before I Dive In..
I’d love to stay in touch with you! The best way for me to keep up with you is by having you join my VIP Subscriber List! Subscribing via email is the best way to stay connected to all the fun stuff happening here at Frugal Fun Mom, and I invite you to join many other frugal moms like you who receive our regular updates!
My VIP Subscriber list offers a exclusive deals, fun ideas and encouragement for everyday mom life! Many of my readers tell me that the VIP exclusive content is their favorite thing to receive each week! When you subscribe, you also get instant access to one my exclusive FREE goodies – 50 Fun & Frugal Ideas To Do With Your Kids – as my gift to you! Sign up below!
Why You Need Quick and Easy Christmas Cookie Recipes
Below are my 5 favorite quick and easy Christmas cookie recipes that we make in our house every year. All 5 of these recipes are easy to double, triple or even quadruple for when you need a lot of extra cookies.
I found these quick and easy Christmas cookie recipes many years ago when my oldest son decided that we needed to make cookies for all the neighbors as a Christmas gift.
I figured that was a good idea, and because I love to bake, I was on board. When my daughter was born the baking rose to a whole new level because she has a passion for baking!
Now she loves to bake new recipes so she can try new techniques. She gets excited about piping bags and decorating every shape of cookie we can bake. It’s fun, but as a mom, with tons of things to do during Christmastime, it can be exhausting to keep up.
Want to remember this post? Pin this post, 5 Quick & Easy Christmas Cookie Recipes, to your favorite Pinterest board right now!
Go-To Cookie Recipes
Which is why I put together this list of my top 5 quick and easy Christmas cookie recipes. These are my go-to recipes that I know come out perfect every time I bake them. Plus, they are quick, easy, and make a lot of cookies! They are perfect for school parties, holiday cookie exchanges, or as gifts for your neighbors.
5 Quick and Easy Christmas Cookie Recipes
- Christmas Puppy Chow – from Eating On A Dime – this recipe is so easy to make, quick, and there is no baking required! You can whip up a batch in less than 10 minutes and everyone will love it!
- Carmelitas – from The Baker Upstairs – this recipe is super easy to double, and tastes amazing – these are one of my FAVORITE cookies and have been known to win “best cookie” awards at cookie exchanges!
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies – my go-to cookie recipe for any occasion. Makes a lot of cookies – so they are perfect for gifting! I like to slightly modify this recipe by using 2 sticks of butter instead of 1 stick of butter and 1/2 cup of shortening. I also add a 10oz bag of dark chocolate chips. Otherwise, I follow the recipe!
- Grinch Cookies – from In Katrina’s Kitchen – this very festive cookie is perfect for a Grinch movie night. Plus, it’s easy to make because the recipe uses a box of cake mix!
- Best Rolled Sugar Cookies – for frosting and decorating. I’ve used this recipe for years and years and never have problems with the cookies losing their shape as they bake. My special tip – just keep the dough very cool. If it starts to warm up when you are cutting out the cookies, just pop the dough back in the fridge for 10 minutes. I can’t find the original recipe source – but will include the recipe below.
Best Rolled Sugar Cookie Recipe:
- 1 1/2 cups butter, soft
- 2 cups white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp real vanilla
- 5 cups all-purpose unbleached flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
Directions: In large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until smooth. Add eggs one at at time, beating until smooth. Beat in the vanilla. In separate bowl mix together flour, baking powder and salt. Add half cup increments of the dry ingredients to the butter mixture, beating on low until fully combined. Chill dough overnight.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Roll out dough on floured surface to 1/4 inch thick. Cut into shapes with cookie cutters. Place cookies 1 inch apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Keep dough chilled. If dough starts to warm up, place pan filled with cut out cookies in the fridge for 10 minutes before baking.
Bake 6-8 minutes. Cook completely before frosting. Store in an airtight container.
What You Will Find In My Cookie Jar
There you have it! My top 5 quick and easy Christmas Cookie Recipes! If you want to sample any of these, come on over! Just kidding, but these 5 quick and easy Christmas cookie recipes are exactly what you will find in my cookie jars this Christmas!
Give them a try and let me know what you think! I hope these recipes save you some energy trying to figure out what cookies to make – and give you more time having fun with your kids baking them!
If not, let me know! Otherwise, have a great time and let me know what you think of them!
Other Frugal Christmas Ideas
If you loved this post, there are many more fun and frugal Christmas ideas on Frugal Fun Mom! Check out these other posts:
- Christmas Advent Calendar – Frugal Fun Filler Ideas
- Frugal Things To Do Over Christmas Break
- 12 Best Non-Toy Christmas Gift Ideas For Kids
Before You Go…
Wait! Before you go, I’d love to make sure we stay in touch! The best way for me to keep up with you is by having you join my VIP Subscriber List! Subscribing via email is the best way to stay connected to all the fun stuff happening here at Frugal Fun Mom, and I invite you to join many other frugal moms like you who receive my regular updates! My VIP Subscriber List offers a exclusive deals, fun ideas and encouragement for everyday mom life! When you subscribe, you also get instant access to one my exclusive FREE goodies – 50 Frugal Free Fun Ideas for Kids – as my gift to you! Hurry – sign up below and I’ll email it right to you!