This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
Are you looking for easy crazy hair day ideas for girls? Look no further, I have 5 super easy, and fun, crazy hair day ideas for girls that any mom can do – no experience needed! I’m sharing my favorite crazy hair day ideas that you and your kids will love! Don’t miss these simple and budget friendly crazy hair day ideas!
Over the years, I have done a lot of crazy hair day ideas on my kids. Every summer my kids and I spend a week at church participating in Vacation Bible School (VBS).
Part of VBS each year is a crazy hair day competition and our church likes to go a little nuts for this competition! It’s my favorite day of VBS and each year I try to come up with something fun and unique for my kids.
WANT EASY PARTY PLANNING?
Just Send Me My Step-By-Step Instructions
I get you. You are busy and don’t have time to read this full post! I totally understand! Which is why I’m happy to email you your free printable step-by-step photo instructions of How To Create Donut Crazy Hair right now!
Want to remember this post? Post this Easy Crazy Hair Day Ideas for Girls – Any Mom Can Do! to your favorite Pinterest board!
It’s Ok To Repeat A Crazy Hair Day Design:
I’ll be honest though – some years I’m too busy with all my responsibilities for VBS, that I don’t come up with a new easy crazy hair day idea, I just repeat an old one that I’ve done before! And you know what? That’s ok!
If you are just not in the mood to try something new, go ahead and do the exact same crazy hair day idea you did last time! I promise, I won’t tell anyone, and I bet no one will even notice! I did that this year myself and no one seemed to notice one bit (or at least no one mentioned anything to me)!
We also have crazy hair day at school quite often and I’m always scrambling to come up with an outrageous way to do their hair. I’ve compiled a list of my top 5 Easy Crazy Hair Day Ideas for Girls that any mom can do and I’ll show you how to them too! Below are 5 great ideas for girls that will hopefully win you first place! You can do this too, I promise, they are easy and your kids will thank you!
Supplies Needed to Create Easy Crazy Hair Ideas:
- Hair Tie
- Bobby Pins
- Curling Iron
- Face Paint
- Spray On Hair Color (lots of various colors)
- Optional Items: Colorful paper plates, cupcake liners, card board, loose glitter, colorful felt, pom-poms, cake toppers, Legos, etc.
Easy Crazy Hair Day Ideas For Girls:
You can create this look in a few different ways, by choosing to use REAL chocolate, or just use felt. I personally like the look that is achieved with real chocolate, but it can be messy, especially if it’s a warm day. Download step-by-step PDF photo instructions that you can print out now and refer to while you create this look NOW! Sign up with the form below and get your step-by-step photo instructions delivered right to your email! Go ahead, I’ll wait.
WANT EASY PARTY PLANNING?
2. Cupcakes Crazy Hair
- You will need 2 cupcake liners with a hole cut in the middle.
- Part the hair down the middle and make 2 pig tails.
- Add the cupcake liners to the pigtails and then make a bun out of the pitgails that fits nicely inside the cupcake liners.
- Use bobby pins to secure the buns in place.
- If you want to add hair color, now is the time to spray the cupcakes.
- Next, make two cherries for the top of the cupcakes by hot gluing a red pom-pom to the tip of a bobby pin.
- Add the cherry and spray the hair with hairspray to make it stay in place.
- You can also add some real sprinkles to your cupcakes and then spray immediately with hairspray to hold them in place (use smaller/finer sprinkles for this step so they stay in place better)!
3. Bow Crazy Hair
- Make one ponytail high on the head.
- Spray the rest of the hair, except the ponytail, the color of your choice.
- Separate a small part of the ponytail and spray another color.
- Then spray the remaining part of the ponytail a third color.
- With the portion that is bigger, tie a bow out of the hair and secure with bobby pins.
- The small remaining part secure through the middle of the bow with bobby pins.
- And, you did it! This is a little tricky, but can be so cute! I recommend trying it out before you color the hair so you get the hang of it first!
4. Unicorn Crazy Hair
The unicorn was one of my favorite designs we did! For this one, I actually purchased a full price can of white spray-on hair color (can you believe it?)! I love the look that we achieved by spraying the hair and horn white and dousing it with glitter – it came out awesome!
- Start out by making your own unicorn horn from white sturdy construction paper and using glue, cover with glitter and let it dry overnight.
- Section the hair into 2 ponytails, one at the back of the head and one on the very top of the head where you want the horn to go.
- Starting with the top ponytail, after you have the ponytail secured in place, spray only the hair that is against the scalp white.
- Next, spray only the hair that is in the ponytail pink (this is what you will wrap around the horn to create a stripe, if the hair is not long enough, skip this step).
- Put hair up through the horn and secure the horn in place with bobby pins.
- Pull the pink hair up through the top of the horn and wrap around the horn creating a stripe and secure in place with bobby pins.
- Spray generously with hair spray once the horn is secure in place, and sprinkle the horn only with extra white loose glitter, then spray again with hairspray (I get soo excited just thinking about the all the glitter!).
- Next, using a curling iron, curl large ringlets into the bigger ponytail at the back of the head. Spray blue and pink alternating stripes on the rest of the head and back ponytail.
- Finish, by spraying silver glitter hair color all over the head. The end result is awesome and super glittery! Absolutely, one of my favorites!
5. Mohawk Crazy Hair
The mohawk is pretty easy and there are two ways to achieve the look.
- If you are working with short hair, simply get the hair wet and spray the roots with hairspray and then quickly blow dry the hair to help the hair stand up.
- You can have your child put their head upside down and then blow dry it to help the hair stand up. You want to really dry the roots and force them to stand up.
- Once hair is standing up, use hair wax to create texture and the desired look.
- Spray pink on one side and blue on the other, then spay the whole head with spray glitter to finish! Looks awesome!
- If you are working with long hair, separate the hair into 3 ponytails in a straight line at the back of the head.
- Starting with the first ponytail, tease the hair until the hair is able to stand up.
- Do the same to the other 2 ponytails.
- Spray with lots of hair spray to make sure the hair stays in place.
- Choose 3 colors to spray the hair – one for each ponytail, and finish with glitter spray. Super fun look!
Phew! Those are my top 5 favorite crazy hair day ideas for girls that any mom can do! From reading them all, I hope you can see that they are simple, unique, and fun, and I hope you will give them a try!
Especially the Donut, it’s a great design to try that is a crazy, but not too complicated! Make sure to grab FREE, printable step-by-step photo instructions for the donut, which is super handy when you are in the middle of creating your crazy hair design.
How To Prepare For Crazy Hair Day:
Trust me when I say that you should practice your design the night before to make sure you get it right. Whenever I am trying a new design, I will practice the basic idea, without using the spray color. I think it’s especially important to the practice the longer hair ideas – that way, when it’s ‘go time’, you won’t have any trouble getting your design completed quickly!Trust me when I say that you should practice your crazy hair design the night before to make sure you get it right. Click To Tweet
If any of the ideas require props, make sure you prepare them the night before so that they are all ready to go – you don’t want to making unicorn horns and pom-pom cherry cupcake toppers at the last minute.
WANT EASY PARTY PLANNING?
Collect all your supplies, including the hair color, hair spray, gel, bobby pins, and necessary props and have them all ready to go for the next day you. That way you will be set to make an awesome crazy hair day design for your child that will hopefully (fingers crossed) win them first place! You can do it momma!
Now that I know you love crazy hair ideas and doing fun things with your kids, I think you might also like to read this post I wrote about How To Make Homemade Chalk! Another fun and frugal craft you can do with your kids!